2022 Conferences & Activities
2022 Conferences & Activities
NEXT EVENT MAY 26, 2022: “UNEXPECTED GIFTS FROM THE ELEPHANTS IN THE ROOM”
Register here by May 22 (details below)
Registration this year is $55; this fee helps with yearly web tools and other administrative expenses. If this registration fee is prohibitive for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and a Ground Crew member will confidentially assist. As always, we are looking forward to having as many colleagues attend as is possible.
MAY 26 CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS
- Rethinking Big Picture Problem Solving: An Introductory Ice-breaker
- Maximizing Success & Impact: a conversation with Lee Ann Scotto Adams, Executive Director of the Strategic National Arts Alumni Project (SNAAP) on collecting and using alumni data to inform curriculum development, musician services, and elevate your work
- The Layered Entry Points for Leveraging Institutional Change: a session on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging focused on possibilities to help drive institutional change
- Addressing the “Elephants in the Room” — conversations building on our recent pre-conference gathering
- Our ever-popular OPEN SPACE sessions: breakouts developed and convened by any attendee sharing topics of greatest interest
- In addition to interactive larger sessions, there will be ample breakout rooms and options for individual and small group connections.
On the day of the conference, the Zoom will open at 12:45pm for all attendees to have pre-conference conversations, catch-ups and networking. Sessions begin at 1:00pm EDT and will finish up at 4:00pm EDT.
“Each time I’ve attended NETMCDO, I’ve come away from the experienced energized by interactions with colleagues. So much of the concert season and the academic year is focused on 'doing'. The NETMCDO conference is a time to think, hear informed perspectives, ask questions, and re-charge my artistic batteries! Grateful for the Zoom format, so convenient! So many great ideas came up at the recent preconference gathering; it’s exciting to see we’ll be addressing them further.”
—Linda Holzer, DMus | Pianist
Professor of Music, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Our 2022 NETMCDO activities are divided into three parts:
- Pre-Conference Zoom Check-In — Thursday, May 5, 3:00–4:30pm (EDT):
Reconnect with your colleagues; meet new participants to the group; share challenges and successes from the era of COVID-19; help design our May 26 Main Conference Zoom; There is no cost to attend this event.
- Main Conference Zoom — Thursday, May 26, 1–4:00pm (EDT):
Timely and relevant topics discussed and explored in interact sessions and small groups.
- In-Person Regional Gatherings — Fall 2022, TBD:
These events will be planned and organized by groups of members in various parts of the world.
We look forward to interacting with you soon,
The NETMCDO Ground Crew & Planning Committee:
Angela Beeching, John Blanchard, Casey Molino Dunn, Jazmín Morales,
John Steinmetz, Chris Vaughn, and Nathaniel Zeisler